PKM has a nationally recognized Social Services Department.
We currently consists of 37 departments in 13 states. Through grants, and thePerlman Foundation we look forward to more growth in the future.
This committed team works at both family properties and senior properties to help residents meet their daily needs and obtain a high quality of living at our properties. Our Social Services department is an important part of our company as it promotes positive, successful resident and strong community development. Our social Services Department, currently provides access over 7,000 individuals residing on our properties. On our senior properties, our Coordinators concentrate on reaching out to the at-risk elderly and help them to maintain independence and which enhances their lives and can prevent institutionalization. On our family properties, Coordinators work with individuals to help reduce negative risk factors and strive to remove barriers that otherwise may create instability.
Community partnerships play an important role in the success of our residents. Currently there are in place for programs for: after school tutoring, Blood Pressure Clinics, Bully Prevention Programs, Nutrition Programs, Computer Literacy Training, Fall Prevention Programs, Emergency Preparedness, Self-Sufficiency Training Programs and much more. Our company takes pride in our partnerships in the community and through these relationships, we help make our communities desirable places for our residents to call home.
What do Service Coordinators Do?
- Link Residents to Service
- Provide Case Management
- Advocate for Residents
- Set up Volunteer Networks
- Develop Partnerships for Onsite Programs
- Assist residents with Entitlement Programs
- Set up and Monitor Computer Labs/Literacy
- Provide Mediation Services
- Provide Crisis Management
Please email us for Service Coordination Information:
Vice President of Community Development
Examples of our partnerships:
- Cleveland Clinic Physicians - House Calls Program
- Imani Healthcare - Onsite Wellness Clinics
- Mature Services, Inc. - Onsite Hot Meal Program
- MQA Support Services - Computer Classes & Educational Programs
- One on One Learning - After School Tutoring Program
- New Leaf Behavioral Health - Bully Prevention & Mental Health Enhancement
- Catawba DSS Prevention Unit
- Self Empowerment Program
- Pregnancy Prevention
- School Drop-Out Prevention
- American Health Group - Onsite Medical Management Clinic
- Ohio State University Extension - Nutrition & Cooking for One Classes
- Beverly Gant Ministry - Single Parenting Classes & Adult Self-Sufficiency Programalls Program